Claim your tax refund

MOD Tax Rebate Claims

You could be owed a £2,500 tax refund for your travel expenses. Bases outside the UK are included, and you might also be able to claim for Mess Dress.

This is a complex claim and we’ve heard reports of some claims being rejected when submitted by inexperienced advisors. For that reason we would like to refer you to our expert partners who have obtained confirmation on the validity of claims both from HMRC and the MOD so you can have peace of mind that your refund is yours to keep when you receive it.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

Have you completed Phase 1 Training?

Have you been posted to a base for 2 years or less? (Excluding tours)

Did you use your own vehicle or public transport to get to those bases?

Based on the information you provided above, you won't be able to make a claim at this time.

Based on a sample of past refunds we have obtained matching the details you have provided:

Largest refund received: £-

Average refund received: £-


Total claims


Successful claims

< 2

Minutes to claim

Each tax year will be recalculated if you enter a claim. This often identifies other overpayments due to incorrect tax codes, multiple employments, ceasing of job, etc. In these cases we can identify a much larger tax rebate. We regularly identify rebates of over £1,000 for customers who were originally estimated a lower amount.

If you claim now you will receive tax relief for the current tax year and future years that allowances continue to apply, paid through your monthly pay. The value of this is usually £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

You don’t need to make any upfront payment to us in order for us to check if you are due a rebate.

We will ensure that your current year reliefs are correct and that your future year allowances are adjusted in line with the current year to ensure you are no longer being overtaxed. There will be no charge for this service.

The annual saving of £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year for the current and future years will not be subject to charge. You will receive this automatically in your pay once your tax code has been adjusted.

We will also check the earlier years to determine if you can claim back any previously overpaid tax. HMRC will pay any rebate due directly to us and we will forward payment to you, in due course, net of our deductions of 28%, plus VAT, where due, providing the net refund payment is £20 or more.

We will issue your refund through our Uniform Benefits payment card which you can withdraw cash on at a cashpoint or spend in shops or online like a normal debit card. If you use your card at selected retailers you can also earn additional cashback to continue to spend.

MOD Claim | About you

Select the tax years when you were employed in the specified sector
Do you or your accountant already prepare a self-assessment tax return?

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership?

Self Assessment Taxpayers

You could have overpaid tax by £{{ App.CustomerClaim.EstimatedClaim }} if the tax relief you listed was not claimed on your earlier returns.

As you are already within self assessment we would like to send you details of a highly competitive self assessment service from one of our expert partners. They can correct omissions in your earlier tax returns and ensure your annual returns are submitted on time every year, saving you a lot of stress and making sure you only pay the tax you need to.

Going forward the correct allowances applied to each annual return could save you £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

About you

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Confirm your details

Final Details

In order to process your claim we will need your National Insurance Number and your phone number

Save money on your energy bills

You qualify to join our group energy switching club. Our recent March energy switch saved users on average £280 per year. You can register now without obligation for Uniform Energy Club and we will let you know the details of the best offer from the energy suppliers in our auctions.

Would you like to register an interest without obligation?

How would you prefer to be contacted?

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Your current gas deal

Your current electricty deal

Thanks! You have completed your claim

Your unique claim reference is SIR{{ App.CustomerClaim.ClaimId }}

Please make a note of this reference or print this page as you will need your claim number if you return later to download your claim documents.

You will have been sent an email to confirm your documents have been generated, but for security reasons we do not send your documents by email.

Your claim documents will be automatically sent to you by post. You should receive them within 2 weeks.

In order to progress your claim you MUST complete the ALL the documents we send you and post them as described on the checklist you will receive. Failure to return the documents relating to your claim will result in your claim not being processed.

Security Industry Tax Rebate



You look after the security of others but you also want to look out for your finances – and Security Industry Tax Rebate can help you do just that because, if you work in the security industry, you may be able to obtain a tax refund. You are entitled to claim tax relief on certain costs of your job that are classed as “wholly and necessarily” for the purposes of your employment.

Uniform Tax Rebate

If you wear a uniform you can claim tax back for the laundry of this at the standard rate of £60. You can claim tax back on the allowance at the highest rate of tax you pay, so you’d usually get 20% or 40% of that amount back, which would be £12 or £24 per year. Plus, you can backdate the allowance over the 4 previous tax years – so it could be worth between £48 and £96 in total.

Buying your own uniform and footwear

The allowance of £60 per year is for laundry but if you have to purchase safety clothing or boots or pay for your own uniform you can claim for the cost of these too. And you can claim at the same time as your Security Industry Tax Rebate claim, just enter the amounts you spent on the paper form after entering your details.

Do I need to provide receipts?

You shouldn’t have to but you do need to be able to say roughly what you spent in each year. If you are claiming for a significant amount of expenditure it can help to provide a list of the items purchased and their approximate cost. If you can’t remember the cost you could refer to an equipment store to check how much the items would be now.
At Uniform Tax Rebate we’ve come across a few cases where HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs) has rejected claims because receipts weren’t provided. However, we have successfully contested these and obtained compensation where the claims were incorrectly rejected. If you claimed through us and HMRC rejects your claim for this reason you can return details to us and we will contest their decision.

Can I claim for my SIA Licence(s)?

You can also claim tax back on the cost of your SIA (Security Industry Authority) registration at the same time as your Security Industry Tax Rebate claim; just write the amounts you spent on the paper form after entering your details. We can help you out with SIA registration cost rates so you won’t need to go through all your old bank statements.

You get tax back on the amount you paid for the registration so it’s usually £44 to £88 per registration.  Security officers may have to purchase more than one SIA licence depending on the activities they have to perform – such as manned guarding, cash and valuables in transit, close protection, door supervision, security guarding and public space supervision (CCTV). You can claim for each licence and, because you can claim for the previous four years, this could total £264 to £528 in tax back.

Can I claim for training?

You can’t claim on training to be a security guard. However, you may be able to claim for the cost of certain mandatory training within the course of your job if you are contractually obliged to pay for it.

What about future years?

Once you’ve claimed you should get the allowance automatically in your pay and you shouldn’t need to claim again; however, if the subscriptions you pay change you may need to enter another claim to keep the allowances up to date.

How do I claim?

Just visit click on the box below to start your claim. It's really easy and you can complete it in a few minutes.

About us

We’ve completed more than 100,000 tax rebate claims and by using us you are benefiting from the knowledge, expertise and experience of fully-qualified tax experts. Unlike other companies we’re a member firm of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales and we are fully qualified to give tax advice, we’re not just a claims handler.