Claim your tax refund

MOD Tax Rebate Claims

You could be owed a £2,500 tax refund for your travel expenses. Bases outside the UK are included, and you might also be able to claim for Mess Dress.

This is a complex claim and we’ve heard reports of some claims being rejected when submitted by inexperienced advisors. For that reason we would like to refer you to our expert partners who have obtained confirmation on the validity of claims both from HMRC and the MOD so you can have peace of mind that your refund is yours to keep when you receive it.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

Have you completed Phase 1 Training?

Have you been posted to a base for 2 years or less? (Excluding tours)

Did you use your own vehicle or public transport to get to those bases?

Based on the information you provided above, you won't be able to make a claim at this time.

Based on a sample of past refunds we have obtained matching the details you have provided:

Largest refund received: £-

Average refund received: £-


Total claims


Successful claims

< 2

Minutes to claim

Each tax year will be recalculated if you enter a claim. This often identifies other overpayments due to incorrect tax codes, multiple employments, ceasing of job, etc. In these cases we can identify a much larger tax rebate. We regularly identify rebates of over £1,000 for customers who were originally estimated a lower amount.

If you claim now you will receive tax relief for the current tax year and future years that allowances continue to apply, paid through your monthly pay. The value of this is usually £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

You don’t need to make any upfront payment to us in order for us to check if you are due a rebate.

We will ensure that your current year reliefs are correct and that your future year allowances are adjusted in line with the current year to ensure you are no longer being overtaxed. There will be no charge for this service.

The annual saving of £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year for the current and future years will not be subject to charge. You will receive this automatically in your pay once your tax code has been adjusted.

We will also check the earlier years to determine if you can claim back any previously overpaid tax. HMRC will pay any rebate due directly to us and we will forward payment to you, in due course, net of our deductions of 28%, plus VAT, where due, providing the net refund payment is £20 or more.

We will issue your refund through our Uniform Benefits payment card which you can withdraw cash on at a cashpoint or spend in shops or online like a normal debit card. If you use your card at selected retailers you can also earn additional cashback to continue to spend.

MOD Claim | About you

Select the tax years when you were employed in the specified sector
Do you or your accountant already prepare a self-assessment tax return?

Are you currently married or in a civil partnership?

Self Assessment Taxpayers

You could have overpaid tax by £{{ App.CustomerClaim.EstimatedClaim }} if the tax relief you listed was not claimed on your earlier returns.

As you are already within self assessment we would like to send you details of a highly competitive self assessment service from one of our expert partners. They can correct omissions in your earlier tax returns and ensure your annual returns are submitted on time every year, saving you a lot of stress and making sure you only pay the tax you need to.

Going forward the correct allowances applied to each annual return could save you £{{ App.CustomerClaim.AnnualRefund }} per year.

If you complete the form below our partners will be in touch shortly about your free without obligation assessment.

About you

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Confirm your details

Final Details

In order to process your claim we will need your National Insurance Number and your phone number

Save money on your energy bills

You qualify to join our group energy switching club. Our recent March energy switch saved users on average £280 per year. You can register now without obligation for Uniform Energy Club and we will let you know the details of the best offer from the energy suppliers in our auctions.

Would you like to register an interest without obligation?

How would you prefer to be contacted?

Thank you

Thanks for showing an interest in claiming your tax rebate.

We have passed your details to our partner, Rift Group

Your current gas deal

Your current electricty deal

Thanks! You have completed your claim

Your unique claim reference is SIR{{ App.CustomerClaim.ClaimId }}

Please make a note of this reference or print this page as you will need your claim number if you return later to download your claim documents.

You will have been sent an email to confirm your documents have been generated, but for security reasons we do not send your documents by email.

Your claim documents will be automatically sent to you by post. You should receive them within 2 weeks.

In order to progress your claim you MUST complete the ALL the documents we send you and post them as described on the checklist you will receive. Failure to return the documents relating to your claim will result in your claim not being processed.

Pay for your SIA Licence? You could be due tax back.



If you are responsible for door security, operate a CCTV camera or guard premises, people or cash, then you almost certainly need a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA). The term ‘responsible’ does not just mean managers; it covers all staff who work on the front line.

The SIA has the legal authority to regulate UK security services to maintain appropriate standards of behaviour. They encourage the right sort of training and try to ensure only the right sort of people work in the industry. They can issue or withdraw licences and have considerable powers under the Private Security and Industry Act 2001. They can enter your place of work and demand documents or other evidence relating to licensed premises or security activities,so you need to be fully covered with an appropriate licence for each kind of activity you undertake.

For example, door supervisors come under the general heading of ‘manned guarding’. That includes any form of security patrol around premises. The key factor is that you might come into contact with individuals whose behaviour needs to be modified. You may have to challenge them, refuse entry, ask them to leave and calm down situations that are potentially hostile. Your licence covers your ability to handle the public as well as obvious health and safety issues. But you need to choose carefully which licence you apply for. There is one licence for a door supervisor, which specifically covers the supervision of licensed premises like clubs and bars, and a quite different one for patrolling a building site or factory. A door supervisor licence also coves security guarding but a licence for guarding premises does not allow you to be a door supervisor.

Neither of them would cover the use of CCTV. Although a CCTV operator does not usually come directly into contact with members of the public, the cameras could invade someone’s privacy and filmed records of people behaving illegally would become evidence in court, so a special licence is required.

Yet another may be needed if you protect cash or other valuables in transit, such as a wages run or picking up cash from a bank. Another form would apply if you are guarding a person - the ‘close protection’ licence.

All of these licences allow you to be the official key holder of secure premises, but the limited key holder licence only allows you to be a key holder and not to carry out any other activities.

In Northern Ireland there is also an additional licence for anyone who deals with parked cars. If you immobilise or remove vehicles in that area, you will need a separate licence.

If you are not sure whether you need a licence, or which one to apply for, you can use the SIA’s on line Licence Identifier to help you work through a logical set of questions - for example, are you a volunteer or being paid? Their licensing integration page shows which licence covers what activity.

Most licences cost £220 and last for three years, although vehicle immobilising costs £220 for just one year. It is important to apply for the right authority to cover all your responsibilities, but if you need more than one the second licence is 50% cheaper.

Don’t forget, you can get tax relief on what you spend. Click on the link below to start your tax refund claim now.